Friday, January 4, 2013

My Christmas Vacation

You probably wouldn't be able to tell from my Facebooking (or maybe you can), I have been on vacation for the past two weeks - today is January 4, 2013.   The last time I was at work was Friday, December 21, 2012 at 12:30 pm.   Hey, at least the world didn't end.   And, did I just use Facebook as a verb?

Anyway, my daycare was also on Christmas Vacation during this same time, which is why I take it off most of the time.  Unless you ask a particular co-worker I have, and then I just take the time off so she can't have it off.   Never mind that I don't really have alternate baby sitting and if my husband doesn't work, he don't get paid.   But, I digress.

Dec 22-Dec 30 were family filled. Besides what amounted to three Christmases, there was Max's First Birthday party on the 29th and both boys got baptized on Dec 30th.  It was BUSY BUSY BUSY.

I was supposed to be home alone the past three days - Wed was fine - did a lot of shopping and actually got my Lexus to pass the emissions inspection!   (that is a WHOLE other story); Yesterday, I just felt off.   Did a few things around the house, but not much.   Then, the Maxer struck.

He went to bed at 6:15 after complaining for 15 minutes about going to bed.   This was unusual.   About 10pm, he woke up and was crying that heartbreaking crying - the "there is something wrong with me" crying - kind of high pitched and very whiny.   When I went to get him - burning up.   So, I've been home with the boys today - good thing that I was already off anyway.   Poor kid.   At this moment, I can't decide if this is the flu or a shot reaction.   I'm thinking shot reaction, but who knows.

So, thus ends my Christmas Vacation.


And, as always, I need a vacation from the vacation.   I had big plans to get lots of things done - essentially, I kept the house from becoming a disaster and that was about it.  Small victories.

No comments:

Post a Comment